Welcome to Mumbai, a city that welcomes one and all and is a city that never sleeps. Mumbai is a cosmopolitan city with people from different caste and creeds living in the same society. Mumbai is India’s most populous city. It was formed by the cluster of seven islands initially but has slowly been expanding northwards.
They call it a crowd, We call it a party…
They call them brats, We call them family..
They call them drunk, We call them happy…
They call it bad, We call it bliss…
They call it traffic, We call it a festival…
They call it dirty, We call it dressed…
They call it a sinner, We call it a saint…
They call it barren, We call it loam…
They call it MUMBAI, We call it HOME!
Magical Mumbai is a tribute to Mumbai city and all Mumbaikars and was introduced as a city guide of Mumbai to help millions of Mumbaikars get all Mumbai related information. You’ll find Mumbai pictures, Bollywood news, movies, shopping, Mumbai getaways, night life, restaurants, bars, tourist places and of course the public transport of Mumbai.
In Mumbai, people live a very fast paced life. No one has the time and patience to wait or to find the information, and that’s where Magical Mumbai comes into the picture. We try to get all Mumbai related information for you under one roof.
Basics of Mumbai
- How to dial a Mumbai number – The International code for India is +91 and the code for Mumbai is 022.
- Mumbai is a cosmopolitan city. Major languages spoken include Marathi, English, Hindi, Guajarati
- The Currency used in Mumbai is Rupee.
- Mumbai has a special language called the ‘Bombaiya Language’ which most Mumbaikars can understand. It involves using slangs like “Aye Bidu..”
- Newspapers are available in various languages in Mumbai.
- It’s often said you never get bored in Mumbai – A list of things to do while you are in Mumbai
Geography of Mumbai
- Area-Location : 18.9750°N, 72.8258°E with 603 Square Km, Basically an Island City surrounded by Arabian sea from 3 sides (East, West and South). Mumbai is located in state of Maharashtra. Where is Mumbai?
- Weather of Mumbai
- Local Trains (See the local train timetables)
- Buses (See bus routes in Mumbai)
- Auto’s (See the Auto fare in Mumbai)
- Taxi’s (See the Taxi fare in Mumbai)
Mumbai Meri Jaan (read the history of Mumbai)
Facts about Mumbai
- Bombay was renamed Mumbai in 1996
- Mumbai has the largest local train network in the world
- Mumbai’s Industrialist Jamshetji Tata was the first Indian to own a car
- Mumbai was actually built by connecting 7 different islands
Important / Useful numbers:
- Police – 100 , Fire brigae – 101
- Toll free numbers in Mumbai
- Foreign Consulates in Mumbai
- List of Schools / International schools in Mumbai
- List of Pincodes in Mumbai
Travel / Tourist
- Places to visit in Mumbai
- Mumbai local train Map
- Mumbai Road Map
- Mumbai pictures
- Looking to visit Mumbai? - Cheap flights to Mumbai